Sunday, June 3, 2012

3 Color Poppin Ideas for Small Spaces

Renting or even living in small spaces can be intimidating with how to make it feel like a home.
I've had to live in small spaces for most of my married life and each space I've learned from others with how to make a space pop by color.  You may be able to use paint on your walls but there are clever ways to get around it.  And accents always help too! Let's look at some examples:

  1. Fabric + walls
      HGTV : Fabric on Walls Ballard Style Studios - Upholster Walls ShopRuche - DIY Wall DecorSavoring Simplicity - Curtains on Walls
2.   Shelves + Walls

For one, I could never afford these shelves, but the idea behind how they show off the shelves in the room is pretty awesome.  Partition a room with Shelves!  I may do this with our new space.  *Score*
 pulled from Decor8 Blog - Workspaces who saw it on frau-p

3.  Accents + Color
I have a co-worker who shared with me her secret to decorating.  If you are undecided about where to start have someone else start it for you.  What she did is have a family member pick the focal object for the room, say the zebra chair.  After you have a starting point, then you can decorate around it. I love this idea.  So, when you are trying to accent your room - keep this story in mind.  It may mean going by a theme or picking two colors and using it in the room.  Here's some ideas to get you rollin':
English Muse : Turquoise Accent
Style Files  
Large Letters and points of interest can be great accents!CB2 - Catalog - Home Accents


If you have an itty bitty space I hope these ideas will inspire you to not be intimidated by your rents rules. Have fun & make that room Pop!


A.Reed.A 



No comments:

Post a Comment