Friday, May 25, 2012

Light & Mirrors

So for my first post I thought I'd highlight one aspect on how to make a small room seem bigger: Light. I've heard that nice airy drapes can help make a small space appear bigger.  Mirrors also can help make it look larger than life.  Let's see...
This baby room's light drapes help create a calming effect
These are sheer panels  - West Elm


OOOH!! Drapes to separate a room!! - love it!

So as you can see - drapes add either a simple elegance to them or a classic feeling.  Let's see how mirrors can help with a room!
Walls + Mirrors made to look like they are on shelves.  Also love the variation of sizes. 
At first glance - I thought it was cut outs in the wall - but no, they're mirrors. Pretty awesome.
Layer your mirrors to make the wall  tall
So as you can see - there are lots of ideas for making a room look a bit brighter - even if it's smaller.  Light & mirrors. 


Next time We'll look at how color of the walls or the rooms accents can make a room shrink or pop!


Thanks for following along - And please click on the captions - it will bring you to the original link where I found my inspiration. 


.A.Reed.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment